Garlic Soup (Sopa de Ajo)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth (such as Emeril's)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (1-ounce) slices rustic bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender (do not brown). Stir in paprika. Add broth, 1 cup water, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3. Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil 4 minutes or until golden, stirring once halfway through cooking. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 4. Place about 1/4 cup bread cubes in each of 8 ovenproof soup bowls. Break one egg into each bowl; ladle about 1/2 cup broth mixture into each bowl. Arrange bowls on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny. Sprinkle evenly with chopped parsley.